Sunday, April 13, 2008

Looking at my Masters Hot Picks and Top Fraud

Ok...so I'm going to look back and see how I did on the Masters--my predictions, my team's performance, etc.

So, I said that the hot picks were Tiger (of course), Phil Mickelson, Vijay Singh, Steve Stricker, and Ian Poulter. Here's how we did:

Tiger--2nd place.
Mickelson--Tied for 5th.
Singh--Tied for 14th.
Stricker--Missed cut.
Poulter--Tied for 25th.

So, I picked 3 in the top 15--not bad at all. I probably would have had 4 if Poulter hadn't gone into a nosedive on the back 9, so he was my pick for the final round fraud. And Stricker...not making the cut? Picking him and then him getting an MC (missed cut) kinda makes me a fraud also. Bad pick.

On the fraud side, we had Rory Sabbatini, Jim Furyk, and Ernie Els. Here we did a little better:

Furyk--Tied 33rd.
Sabbatini--Missed cut.
Els--Missed cut.

So...we were 3 for 3 on the fraud side. Not bad. Hope I helped someone.

And, just for kicks, here was my fantasy team for the tournament:

Mickelson
Poulter
Boo Weekley
Nick Watney
Justin Leonard

So, all 5 of my guys made the cut. Not a bad week at all.

www.toddlokken.com